- Principles and objectives of non-destructive testing
- Technology: steelmaking, manufacturing, material use (metallurgy, defectology)
- Physical phenomena of the ultrasonic testing method :
- Principles of examination techniques
- Apparatus and equipment
- How it works
- Observation of indications, characterization and classification
- Reconditioning of parts after testing
- Health and safety
- How to create and implement an instruction sheet
- Test documents, standards, etc...
- Practical work: Performing an examination including a test report
- Cite and explain the principles and aims of non-destructive testing, based on the theoretical foundations.
- Identify railway terms and the appropriate technical vocabulary
- Quote and explain the basic physical principles and phenomena of ultrasonic testing
- Selecting ultrasonic equipment, accessories and facilities
- Use ultrasonic test equipment with the required technical data sheets
- Identify anomalies using reflectograms and formulate the results of checks carried out
Personnel wishing to obtain the UT2 qualification/certification for the CFCM axle sector in accordance with NF EN ISO 9712 alone, or with the additional axle maintenance certificate NF EN 16910-1.
Have completed at least level 1 ultrasound training in accordance with NF EN ISO 9712, Have technical and technological knowledge of NDT, on defects encountered in maintenance on metal parts (origin, characterization and consequences).
Technicentre Rouen Quatre-mares