- Troubleshooting basics, areas of intervention
- Investigation methods: research, verify, cross-check information to obtain tangible elements to support technical reflections on fault-finding - Formulation of hypotheses, search for solutions
- Verification of the accuracy and consistency of information and assumptions, and of the effectiveness of troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting techniques and methods to be applied
- Tiny details, signs of malfunction or abnormal operating conditions
- Handling repetitive faults
- Building the reasoning of the repairer's trade (acquiring mental know-how, research and problem-solving techniques, and a methodology common to all types of diagnosis)
- Develop a problem-solving technique (logical path...)
- Know how to implement the diagnosis methodology
- Integrate or reintroduce basic maintenance reflexes and business gestures not linked to a particular series of equipment, technique or technology.
Personnel destined to become maintenance operators
School knowledge at BEP/CAP level
1 to 3 days
Le Mans Technicentre