Awareness training on bolted joints
Keolis Lyon asked the SNCF Material Engineering through Masteris, for an awareness training on bolted assemblies.
A training that spanned over a year, from March 2019 to December 2020.
7 sessions were given by a Technical Referent for Bolted Assembly from SNCF Equipment Engineering, where 50 Citadis metro and tramway maintenance operators were made aware of maintenance requirements, good practices and professional gestures.
These sessions took place in the client's industrial workshops, on their equipment, in order to be able to rely on concrete cases of use encountered on a daily basis.
The objective of the training? To transmit or remind the fundamentals of railway bolted assemblies in the context of tram and metro maintenance.
Several themes are addressed:
- the main characteristics of the components of a bolted joint,
- handling the screws,
- all explained with case studies based on feedback from customers and SNCF railway equipment.
An optimal customer experience
Before starting the training sessions, a "prototype" educational session was conducted by the technical teams in the client's industrial workshop in order to measure the scope and level of training required.
This preliminary stage allowed the client to have an overview of the possible field of intervention and to validate the content of the training to be provided. The expression of the need could be formalized and declined in a tailor-made offer in order to be adapted to the operational stakes of Keolis Lyon's teams.
A collaboration between Masteris and SNCF Equipment Engineering
Technical experts and project managers from SNCF Material Engineering and Masteris project managers worked together on this project to meet the customer's expectations.
This synergy between the various SNCF Matériel entities has made it possible to offer a format adapted to the essentials of bolted assembly over one day [The ASBOUL training course was originally divided into 5 modules lasting several days].
At the end of these training sessions, Keolis expressed its satisfaction to our teams by opening the doors to future collaborations towards other training opportunities.
- The client's verbatim, Sébastien GONDRET - Production and Maintenance Manager for Heavy Modes
"Positive feedback on the educational training courses for our maintenance staff. Concrete case studies presented in bolted railway assemblies to remind us of the safety issues involved in the daily maintenance of our urban equipment".
- Trainer's verbatim
ʺI enjoyed sharing my technical knowledge on different materials with Caluireʺ rack-and-pinion metro in particular.
- The Masteris verbatim
" A satisfied customer on the educational transmission of the regulatory fundamentals of railway safety! To be repeated with other urban transport networks".
Our maintenance essentials for your urban equipment
- Leak detection of refrigeration circuits on air-conditioning systems (generalities and skills)
- Maintenance of TCMS computer networks (MVB, FIP and Ethernet) with generalities and authorizations.
- Corrective maintenance with the realization of diagnoses (help with repairs)
- Industrial maintenance in electrical engineering
- Maintenance and diagnosis of the drive train
- Awareness of hydraulic oil decontamination
- Repair of electronic boards (general and skills)